I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Beatles Rock Band




My friend Tom Mitsos recently moved from his parents' house into his very own apartment. I borrowed my father's pick-up truck and helped Tom to load up all of his belongings. That consisted of a couple of boxes, some furniture and clothing, and, of course, his Beatles Rock Band set-up. Sure, he offered me Subway a week before as payment, but the real payment was getting to play Beatles Rock Band with him, my friend Adam, and my lovely girlfriend Amy (who I actually believe is miles beyond Ringo when it comes to playing the drums - MILES). Some have argued that this game gets boring because you play songs by the same band all day, but with four singers (I originally wrote "three singers," but then I remembered Ringo) and a versatile catalog of original material The Beatles have proven why they deserve their own Rock Band. Can you say the same thing of Green Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment