I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Thursday, March 3, 2011

CAVEMENGO EXCLUSIVE: Josh Toulouse on Favre Train


That's right, my response is EXCLUSIVE to Cavemen Go.

And not Charlie Sheen interview exclusive either, actually exclusive to only Cavemen Go.

(I would go on every single blog ever to talk about this subject, but I figured that might be a little difficult as there are probably billions of blogs out there, many of which are defunct. Therefore, the best I could realistically do is get interviews on about 7 or 8 blogs, and that isn't enough for me to feel really popular with, so we'll stick with the actual term "exclusive", which for everyone except Charlie Sheen still means something.)

My first response to Justin’s recent post was gleeful laughter at the picture that Justin proposes as my new header.

A sacked Brett Favre struggling to cover a fumble while being bear-ed (pun completely intended) down upon by a train is utterly awesome, and, dare I say it, genius.

And the title would allow me to talk about video games, which might be nice.

However, as much as I love video games, I don't know that my desire to talk about them in blog form comes up all that often.

I would say that I probably would want to talk about books even more than video games.

And Favre Train, while giving us the great illustration above, doesn't allow for any talk about television, something that is integral to Fat Train as currently constructed.

So we are left with a bit of a dilemma.

We could tweak the name a little more, something like

FAVRE BE TERRIBLE TRAIN

Film and Video Games/Religion/Entertainment Books Everything Toulouse Regards Reliably Interestingly Brilliantly Loved Equally Thoughts, Reviews, and Interesting News.

But that is a little ridiculous.

And anyway, I have a blog where I can talk about absolutely anything I want, where I am not restricted by my title.

I can write about Min-Centaurs and my desire to play Dungeons and Dragons, TCU and the sick state of the BCS requiring them to move to the Big East, why I’m glad Brandon Sanderson is finishing The Wheel of Time series, as well as on many other sorted subjects.

I have an incredible freedom to blog about whatever I want there…

And yet, I don’t blog too often on that site.

I am a person that needs structure. I need Fat Train to be what it is so that it has purpose.

And maybe, when I do have the desire to talk about Dragon Age 2 or the latest Michael Connelly novel, maybe I’ll return to Retrospective Reflections and show it some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment