I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Sunday, March 27, 2011

South Park

Sorry, dad, I was just being the voice of the generation.

I think I may have learned more from South Park than in any class I've ever taken. I've learned that both sides of any debate are usually ridiculous, obscuring any real solution in their battles. I've learned that the perspective of a child gives us our best way out, but that adults, in their obsession with arguing, tend to either ignore these children or convince the children to become more like them. I've also learned that when adults make stupid decisions and ignore their children, horrendous monsters attack and the children are the only ones who can defend the world against total destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment