I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LOST


As LOST slowly moved toward its conclusion, I was forced to think about what I would do in a world without LOST. After serious consideration, I determined that once LOST was off the air I would be capable of having a serious adult relationship. It seems that all of my attention and concern was tied up with the epic stories of Jack and Kate and Sawyer and John. On Friday, May 21, 2010, I met Amy Bolan at an Uno Night that Dave Rogers threw at his apartment for the sake of welcoming myself and Adam Friedli back to Michigan for the summer. On Sunday, May 23, 2010, LOST concluded its character-driven story in an emotionally satisfactory way. On Friday, May 28, 2010, I asked Amy on a date and we kissed for our first time at a follow-up Uno Party (an Uno Party at which not a single hand of Uno was played). As of March 2, 2011, upon writing this Great Revision post, Amy and I are still together and see no reason to discontinue our relationship. When LOST concluded, I also vowed not to re-watch a single episode until I had given myself at least a full year to detox. It's been pretty easy. Amy hasn't developed a desire to watch the show yet, mainly because every time she's ever flipped to LOST on TV all she's ever seen is people running and screaming. Nice one, Smokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment