I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Winchester


I'll get to the point. The Winchester is the home to the best hamburger I've ever eaten in the greater Grand Rapids area. I have an open mind, so please give me suggestions of places where I might find better food than those listed on my blog. Also, keep in mind that I've lived in this area for over 20 years, and even when I've lived out of town I've spent my summers in this town. I should hopefully know where to get a good burger by now.


It's called the Tavern Burger. The ground beef is farmed locally. It's topped with chipotle aioli and haystack onions and served on French bread. I followed my little lady's suggestion and chose gouda as my cheese and requested egg on top. It was the first time I'd had an egg on my burger since eating at Love Shack in the Fort Worth Stockyards, and I really have to say that egg is a great addition to any burger. The burger is served with delicious plaintain chips, and if you're anything like me, the whole meal is gone within moments.

The Winchester
648 Wealthy SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

No comments:

Post a Comment