I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ashleigh Walker's One-Year Blog-iversary


I hope many of you have, like me, been following Ashleigh Walker's blog Keep My Words. If you haven't then I think you might find a surprise by clicking on the oddly colored letters spelling out the title of her blog. (*SPOILER* It's a link to her blog!) Well, the month of July marks the one-year anniversary of Ashleigh's blog, and your very own Justin Tiemeyer of Cavemengo has worked himself into the anniversary post.

(From Facebook:)

Ashleigh Walker –> Justin Tiemeyer: I had a dream that we went to the same school together but class was held on a roof in Brooklyn and on the last day of class you got mad at me because you kept saying you finished reading my blog and I didn’t believe you. Then we were going to walk home together but some weird guy started talking to you, so I just left. Sorry dream-me abandoned you.
May 23, 2010 at 12:54pm

Justin Tiemeyer: Haha. I’m almost done with July 2009! So you basically lost a significant other and decided to leave work and go back to school and wrote a blog as a way of creatively dealing with it?
May 23, 2010 at 3:34pm

Ashleigh Walker: That’s how it started, a kind of quarter-life crisis. And somewhere along the way I remembered how much I love to write, and people seem to like to read it, so…
May 23, 2010 at 3:49pm

Justin Tiemeyer: Good. There’s definitely some struggle in your writing, but it’s not blown out of proportion like a John-Cusack-movie-loving, Real-World-watching, Coldplay-listening writer might. Oh and there’s structure. Which is different. Memoir-based, feelings blogs rarely have anything resembling structure. I’m enjoying your sorrow so far. Haha.
May 23, 2010 at 4:20pm
Read the whole post here. It would be a better world if we had more people around who are honest with their feelings, interesting in their expression and courageous in exposing themselves to the entire world. Here's to another year, Ashleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment