I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat

I didn't get into drinking until long after your ordinary average adult. Early on friends would attempt to convert me to the cause of alcoholism by offering me flavored beer. Because I didn't like the taste of beer, they figured that these amalgams would appeal to me and act as a kind of gateway drug. It never seemed to work. Flavored beers always tasted worse than regular beer.

This truth about flavored beer held true for a very long time. Only recently did I disperse this myth, and only then with the help with Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. Its like Samuel Adams mixes a really smooth beer with some really good black cherry ice cream, only it doesn't taste as terrible as an actual mixture of beer and black cherry ice cream would taste. It's got a kind of hybrid vigor, the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment