I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Google Earth

I'll admit that Google Earth can kick the butt of a low-level video card, but the program has so many uses that its hard not to understand it as one of the best multi-purpose programs released in the last several years. My buddy is a Naval Officer receiving Naval Aviator training in Corpus Christi, and he'd study the runways and the lay of the land each and every night during his training using Google Earth. I'd like to consider myself a restless traveler of the Earth, an explorer who listens for leads and then follows up on them. I'm able to plug destinations into Google Earth and plan interesting journeys just by finding hotbeds of travel suggestions. There's a good chance that you can find a use for Google Earth that has nothing to do with any of the uses I've just mentioned.

Google Earth Home Page

Download Google Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment