I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dexter


What can I say about Dexter that doesn't spoil the show for others?

It will catch you.

Most people I know were caught by the first season. It was late in the second season when I became intrigued, and I fell in love with the character study in season three (not to mention Jimmy Smits).

The fourth season is generally considered the best, the most surprising at the very least. The fifth season is another good character study. It really pushes Dexter to his limits.

Dexter will catch you. It's just a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment