I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Friday, May 27, 2011

Greenberg (2010)


After a semester of uninteresting movies, I returned to Grand Rapids, Michigan to see the first good movie of the year, Greenberg. That Christmas, I would purchase this same film on Blu Ray for a beautiful woman. Why? It should be enough that I bought a great film for a great woman. But it's not. When I came home from a semester of boring movies in Fort Worth, I saw the first good movie of 2011 with the first interesting person I met after returning to Michigan. This happened to be the first movie of many that I would see with a woman named Amy Bolan. And this Great Revision post is written near my one year anniversary with Amy. What do I expect from the next year? I have no way of knowing what to expect. Here's to hoping that we are at least able to get all the way through the David Lynch film Dune!

No comments:

Post a Comment