I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cavemengo: Year Two

As promised, here's a look ahead at what Cavemengo's sophomore year has in store for you.



If you've been following Cavemengo, then you're already familiar with two months worth of Arnold Schwarzenegger clips. Year Two will determine whether I'm capable of completing this ambitious project, if by December 31, 2011 you will have access to 12 months, 365 days, of your favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger clips. LOST 365, much to my chagrin, ended far too soon. Let's hope that Arnold 365 doesn't.

THE GREAT REVISION
 
 
The other day my buddy Josh looked at my blog on his subscription feed and immediately exclaimed, "I hate when you do that!" He was referring to posts I've put up with the obsession keyword, movies, albums and television programs that I promote without ever commenting on. Amy shared Josh's disdain for these posts. Outnumbered, I got to thinking, and the fruit of that thinking was that I would revise each and every one of those posts, one by one, starting with my February 25, 2010 post on David Bowie's Hunky Dory. Furthermore, every such post from here on out will include some sort of Justin Tiemeyer commentary. Why? Because you (namely, Josh Toulouse) asked for it.

THE MAKEOVER
 
 
Let's face it: Cavemengo is visually bland. I've even had complaints that the white text on black background gives people headaches. After viewing my friend Adam's blog for a computer programming course I've decided to change the text color, the background image, the header, and possibly more. I'm still taking suggestions, so please lend me a hand.

All this and much more awaits us on Cavemengo in 2011. Stick with me. I aim to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment