I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cavemengo Anecdotes - Adam Friedli


Justin Tiemeyer saved my life. That’s what I told Justin’s girlfriend, Amy, the night they first met. I do tend to play wingman in a very extravagant way. But when I said this, it was an absolute truth. In fact, this has been true on more than one occasion. The first time was when he gave me guidance while I took some time off from school because my life basically got turned upside down. But I want to concentrate on the other time Justin was there for me.

I was still getting over my first big breakup. I really didn’t know what to do. Justin and I talked a lot online during this period, and he really started to open up to me about his past. Way more than usual. We were already fantastic friends, but this was a different side of him I had never seen. And part of his advice he gave was to find some creative outlets. So I thought about things I had wanted to work on for quite some time. That’s when I realized I had never gotten into photo editing. I decided to give it a shot.

Well, if any of you have followed Cavemen Go for awhile, you might have seen how that endeavor worked out. I have always done my photo editing projects for the entertainment of just me and my friends. They might not look like much, but I have a blast doing them. And when Justin started posting them on his blog, I was floored! I never expected that, and it really gave me an extra sense of accomplishment seeing them presented on his blog.

Justin played a large part in opening up my creativity and helping to piece me back together again. Twice. I’m a far better person for it, and I’m really fortunate in having him as a part of my life. Thanks for creating Cavemen Go, and thanks for blazing a trail of glory wherever you go. And Amy’s totally radical too.

No comments:

Post a Comment