I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cosplay Gallery: Fantasy Films

In the last few years, most of the major comic book conventions have become dominated by television and movies. I think there are a lot of hardcore geeks who have a serious problem with this, but I could go either way: There is now more money going into comic books and more awareness as a result of bringing these together, but then again, it kind of dilutes the convention into a popular culture/Hollywood convention and pops the bubble of the comic book reader microcosm. But when it comes to really creative Cosplay, I have only one answer: Whether it has to do with television, movies, comic books or video games, as long as it's a good costume, I'm in. These costumes from Dragon Con 2011 and Otakan 2011 are just the good costumes I was talking about.

Harry Potter


Red Sonja


Winged Monkey


No comments:

Post a Comment