I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Little Big Planet




The entire time Amy and I lived in Texas, we never had her Playstation 3 hooked up to the Playstation Network. I know I received at least one comment regarding the fact that we were never online anymore.

During this time, somebody hacked the Playstation Network and stole some very important "secure" information, resulting in a crash that left the PSN down for months. When we returned to Michigan, Sony offered us a gift of good faith to keep us as loyal followers: two free PS3 games, among other things.

I never had any intention to buy or play Little Big Planet, but this random series of events put the game before us. It was the first time I'd ever owned what they call a "party game." (I never even owned Super Mario Kart, and although I had a couple installations of Guitar Hero I'd never had access to any that allowed gameplay for more than two players.) The first time we had a "party" (three people: Adam, Amy and I), we played LBP.

We beat the game in four evenings, each night staying up four to six hours longer than we had planned. It's been a long time since I've been this addicted to a game. Maybe Sony will randomly award us the sequel, or maybe, once we have what they call "disposable cash," I'll buy the darn thing.

Until then, there's always the 100%. Oh, and the whole getting a job thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment