I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cavemen Go in the News

In the last week, Cavemen Go has gotten mentions on two blogs. I want to send out a special thanks to Joshua Toulouse of Fat Train and Amy Bolan of If It Bleeds...

Josh mentioned Cavemen Go in a new Blog column he's developed titled "Best of My Buddies." On July 26, he published the post "Best of My Buddies - Part One, Green Lantern Corps and Creative Cosplay." Featured in that post were Chad P. of Political Jesus for his tweet regarding the fantastic footage from the upcoming Green Lantern Corps animated television program (which is available on Josh's post) and yours truly for the post "Cosplay Gallery: Rise of the Machines." It is an honor to be recognized, and I hope to write even more content worthy of Josh's "Best of My Buddies."

Amy didn't so much mention the blog as she mentioned me. You see, in case you haven't heard, Amy Bolan is my girlfriend. So, when you read her July 28 post "Big Talk - Big Talk," and I'm sure most of you already have, the boyfriend in question is me. Amy decided to quote a discussion of ours comparing the bands Big Talk, The Killers, and The Cars. The first time I ever gave The Killers more than a cursory radio single listen was they released the 2006 album Sam's Town. My original judgment was that The Killers were overrated and should just turn into a The Cars cover band. (At the time, The Cars weren't touring with Ric Ocasek.) For clarification, Big Talk reminded Amy of The Cars, but they reminded me of The Killers, who reminded me of The Cars, and thus, through the transitive property, Amy and I came to the same conclusion. As for Amy, I love any time she finds me interesting enough to mention on If It Bleeds... and shall try to prove myself even more interesting in the future.

I know I've pointed you all to these blogs several times over, but if you're not consistently checking out Fat Train and If It Bleeds, then you are consistently missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment