I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cosplay Gallery: The Women of Marvel.

I hope you didn't think those mechanic cosplay pictures were the only ones I was going to highlight from Comic Con. I've got another installation today (and plenty more to come). While the robots only needed to construct a fantastic costume, these cosplayers were required to not only have a great costume, but to actually look physically similar to some of our favorite Marvel female heroes.

Black Cat


A couple Black Widows



Miss Marvel


Psylocke


There was also a fantastic Emma Frost at the Con, but the only picture I could find of her was with another cosplayer sporting a Professor X costume. The Professor X costume was decent, but the guy just didn't look like Xavier, and he happened to be covering most of the fantastic Emma Frost outfit. I would also like to mention that I did not pick these costumes because of how much they inspire boys to lust. They're fantastic costumes. There are plenty of other blogs where you can find pictures of the women of SDCC 2011 in the most revealing costumes, a handfull of Slave Leias, some women nipping through their Star Trek t-shirts, and such. This post is about the artful creation of costumes and the fantastic delivery. It is about costumes that make me feel like I am among some of my favorite heroes and heroines.

No comments:

Post a Comment