I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thursday TV Tournament: Match-up 2 Results

This last match-up was like a civil war: one episode of Community (Season Two, Episode Eleven: "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas") against another (Season Two, Episode Twelve: "Asian Population Studies"). No matter what happens, Community loses some representation on the brackets. And the results are in:


Though the claymation episode of Community ("Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas") had been promoted even before the second season began, it simply couldn't hold up against "Asian Population Studies," an episode that features probably the best performance by Ken Jeong as Senor Chang.

I'd like to take a quick moment to congratulate Cavemen Go fan Adam Friedli. He expressed that he wanted "Asian Population Studies" to win this match-up, and his dream just came true. I'm guessing he's going to go to Disney Land to celebrate.

As for the rest of us, we must march on. Stay tuned for our next match-up between the ninth seed, The Office Season Seven, Episode Sixteen: "PDA," which aired February 10, 2011, and twenty-fourth seed, Community Season Two, Episode Sixteen: "Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking," which aired February 17, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I will admit that I have become a bigger fan of Community than of The Office. Community consistently gives me more authentic laugh-out-loud moments, and its style of humor just works better for me. So I definitely side with Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking in this match-up. But it is seriously hands down a much better episode.

    I loved how it mocked yet also supported the documentary format. It was a huge episode for Pierce as well. I don't want to get into too many details just in case someone wasn't expecting a spoiler here. Community was totally on the ball. The Office simply didn't bring much to the table and I would be very surprised if it won this round.

    ReplyDelete