I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spoiler Alert: Spoiler Alert

I'm starting a new blog column called Spoiler Alert. Basically, I used to watch the television program LOST religiously and meticulously, and I would challenge myself to seek out details and put them together. LOST finished its six year run last year and I really didn't have this kind of an output anymore. In a similar position, my buddy Josh devoted himself to writing on Dr. Who, so I thought I'd diversify a bit too. That's where the idea for Spoiler Alert came from.

Spoiler Alert is a column devoted to keeping up with a couple of the more interesting mystery television programs that are on right now, namely True Blood, Dexter, and Fringe. Since both True Blood and Dexter are loosely based on a series of books, I find it important to disclaim that these posts will assume that those book series are an alternate canon and have nothing to do with the television canon unless the television program actually incorporates direct references to the books. I will not be reading the books. Neither will I be reading articles about the shows or special previews and teasers. The discussion will be based only on canonical data from these television programs.

True Blood starts up again on June 26, and I couldn't be more excited. Prior to the beginning of a new season, I plan on writing a post that sums up where we left all of our characters. Following that, I will write a post immediately after each episode in order to point out important details and discuss plot points. Fringe is likely to start back up in September and then Dexter in October (if everything goes like last year). I encourage you to join me in discussing issues regarding these shows and potentially others as I get caught up with them. But remember: this column is titled "Spoiler Alert," which means that if you aren't up to date you ought not to read these posts because they will certainly spoil the episode.

The next post, titled "Spoiler Alert: Catching up with True Blood" will be popping up within the next week or two, so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment