I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Monday, June 27, 2011

Paypal: My First and Last Request


Remember on that movie Social Network where the creators of Facebook were riding the wave and carefully waiting until the right time to capitalize off of the social networking web site? Well, I never really had any desire to capitalize off of Cavemen Go. I had some hope that I could use the writings in a portfolio for some sort of staff writer some day, but I never really hoped to ask for donations or what have you.

Because of a series of extenuating circumstances, I decided to place a Paypal donate link on the sidebar of the blog. I don't want this to push anybody away. In fact, if you just wish to ignore it and go about your normal browsing, feel free. But if you're sitting on some extra cash and you want to support your local blogger, there's now an option for you to send some donations my way.

This is the only time I'm going to even mention the donation link, and as a matter of fact, I feel kind of dirty even doing this. If you're feeling generous, then hook me up. If not, continue to browse like you've always browsed. Heck. Browse more. It's on me!

(Yes. I have officially sold out. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment