I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Friday, October 15, 2010

Zach Galifianakis


Actor/comedian Zach Galifianakis. You may recognize him as Alan Garner from The Hangover, Ray Hueston from Bored to Death, or Bobby from It's Kind of a Funny Story. I am a one-comedian-at-a-time kind of guy, meaning that if I like a comedian she or he is the only comedian in the world. In my lifetime I have only had three comedians. First there was Eddie Izzard. Izzard is still alive, but he was completely eclipsed for me by Mitch Hedberg. When Hedberg died, I thought I'd never love (a comedian) again. Then came Zach. To paraphrase the great prophet Phil Collins: "You will be in my heart, Zach. You will be in my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment