I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Neil Patrick Harris


Actor Neil Patrick Harris. Everybody's been raving about this dude for years, so I'll bet you have an expectation of what I'm going to tell you. You think I'm going to tell you that he was hilarious as himself in the Harold and Kumar movies, or as Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother. Both are fairly true, but that's not what I want to tell you. You immediately begin to think that I'm referring to the fact that he can sing and dance as witnessed by his roles in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and Glee. These are interesting facts, but not my concern today. I want to raise up Harris's true talent: voice acting. He was amazing as the voices of Nightwing in Batman: Under the Red Hood, Flash in Justice League: The New Frontier, and Spider-Man in the 2003 animated series. NPH, you've found your true calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment