I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chronologically LOST

A long time ago, I made the decision that once LOST was finished I would be able to have a normal relationship. You see, LOST had taken up so much of my consciousness for the six years that it was on air that it seemed impossible to be emotionally available to anyone else. There would always be LOST in the way. Within a couple of days of the series finale, like clockwork, I entered into the best relationship I've ever experienced.

I vowed from that day forward not to watch LOST again for at least another year, but I still think about the show here and there. Recently, I was thinking about taking clips from the show and arranging them in chronological order. But then I thought: What's the use? There is a new kind of law since the advent of the internet that if you can think of something, it's already on the internet. Sure enough, within a week I saw a link to this blog titled Chronologically LOST.

This web site presents lost as 101 videos, starting with our first image of the island in the distant past until our last faint glimpse of our characters. The flash-sideways reality is presented as an epilogue to the main story. Included in the series are all aired episodes and 14 mobisodes. Here are the first three videos:

Episode 001: The Beginning



Episode 002: 1867 to 1954



Episode 003: 1954 to 1972



Remind me to check this out next year. The entire series can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment