I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Friday, November 1, 2013

Five Songs 11/1/13

1. David Bowie, "The Man Who Sold the World" from The Man Who Sold the World (November 4, 1970)

* - Despite calling myself a Bowie fan, I had only ever heard the Nirvana cover of this song until this past week.

2. Misfits, "Skulls" from Walk Among Us (March 1982)

* - Special thanks to Amy Bolan for introducing me to the Misfits.

3. Katy Perry, "Unconditionally" from Prism (October 18, 2013)



* - Whatever criticism I may have about this song, it has nearly made me cry twice.
** - This is a lyric video, which is apparently very popular with artists now. When the real music video comes out for this single, I'll make sure to put it up.
*** - Special thanks to Amy Bolan for introducing me to this song.

4. Public Enemy, "Harder Than You Think (Featurecast Remix)" (August 1, 2012)



* - Special thanks to Justin Metz and Soquitcherbitchen for introducing me to this song.

5. RAC, "Super Mario Bros (RAC Mix)" from Nintendo vs Sega EP (April 25, 2008)



* - Special thanks to Justin Metz and Soquitcherbitchen for introducing me to this song.

2 comments: