I think about a world to come where the books were found by the golden ones, written in pain, written in awe by a puzzled man who questioned, "What are we here for?" All the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay.

-David Bowie "Oh! You Pretty Things"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Elijah Whatever Survived the Breakdown


1. "Petty Just Seized" - 2:01
2. "Wizards With Guns" - 3:42
3. "Puppet Show / My Favorite Scheme" - 2:33
4. "Stab You in the Face (featuring K Dizzle)" - 4:56
5. "Free Sunlight Forever"
6. "Beautiful in Bedsheets"
7. "Royksopp - Tricky Tricky (Elijah's Infinite Terror Remix)" - 4:59
8. "Radiohead - Reckoner (Elijah's Horrible Wind Remix)" - 5:17
9. "Extended Eye Contact" - 2:41
10. "Passion Pit - Sleepyhead (Elijah's Beat Generation Remix)" - 4:42
11. "Letter From Donna" - 4:37
12. "Fuck Buttons - Sweet Love for Planet Earth (Elijah's Stuff and Things Remix)" - 7:47
13. "Ink Hands" - 4:52
14. "Loved Song" - 6:36
15. "ADOM - When Did This Happen (Elijah's Bargain Love Remix)" - 7:01

Download either by clicking on the cover image or by clicking here.

Elijah is a good friend of mine, and I support my friends whenever they are making really good art. Whatever Survived the Breakdown is certainly no exception. You may remember a post I did about my friend Archangel's album. His music is funky and it gets me in a really funky place, but Elijah's music is really introspective precisely where you don't expect it. He deals with love, and who can't connect with something like this. I think that Whatever Survived the Breakdown is a really adult album from a friend of mine who I met while we were children. There's some great emotional growth here. While Elliot lives in far away New York City and I can't be there in his times of need, I feel like things will be all right for him. Why? Because this album tells me precisely this. Give it a listen. Maybe it'll tell you that everything is going to be all right just like it told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment